Top Time Mk1.1
This is the very first execution of the Breitling 810 Top Time with the EPSA monocoque case. The reverse panda dial rounds it up making it a gorgeous piece.
|Model:||Top Time Mk1.1|
|C. Dimension:||38 x 46 mm|
Breitling 810 Top Time Mk 1.1
- Venus 178 manual winding pillar wheel chronograph movement with 30 minute and 12 hour counters.
- 17 jewels, 18000 A/h, 45 hours of power reserve.
- Monocoque (one piece) stainless steel case manufactured by E. Piquerez (EPSA) in great condition.
- 38 mm (without crown) / 46 mm (lug-to-lug) / 13 mm (thick) / 21 mm (between lugs).
- Original Breitling signed steel winding crown and pushers.
- Acrylic crystal in great condition.
- New tan leather strap with steel buckle.
- Original reverse panda black dial with silver subdials and tritium markers.
- Three registers for chronograph 30 minute and 12 hour counters, as well as running seconds.
- Original white hours, minutes and chronograph seconds hands. Hours and minutes hands with lume inserts.
- Original black subdial hands.
- Tachymeter scale printed in white on the outer part of the dial.
A bit of history about the Breitling 810 Top Time (extract from Vintage Breitling Watches)
The Breitling 810 Top Time is a large chronograph for its time. While the Heuer Carrera (launched in 1964 too) is 36mm , the Top Time has a case of 38mm diameter.
From 1964 to 1966, the case of the Mk1 version is an EPSA monocoque case (Ervin Piquerez SA): the movement is only accessible by removing the dial. Lugs are fluid and nicely integrated in the case. In 1966, the case evolves: it retains the same shape but has a clipped back. The Mk1 remains in production until 1967.
The dial of the reverse panda version features long tritium indexes that touch subdials with a signature B Breitling Geneve at 12hr and Top Time at 6hr above the hour totalizer. The hands are specific to this first execution: thin and white with a tritium insert inside for the reverse panda version.